Friday, December 4, 2009

We Got a New Fire Engine

I rode around all yesterday in this baby.  Fire station 6 got a new engine. Of course I'm not stationed at 6 anymore I was only working for another captain.  I am stationed today and tonight at station 5.  *see new station blog. After this shift I will have been at work for 48 hours.  Normally I would be a little crazy by now but I have some excellent news!  After this shift I will be off my usual 2 days and report to work Monday morning as Assistant Fire Marshal!  Yep I got promoted!  No more 24 hour shifts for me!  I'm 8 to 5 now.   Off on weekends but I will be on call some nights.    So enough about me..  the new truck drives like a Cadillac.  It holds plenty of water.  Over 1000 gallons.  We needed one badly.  It's our second new truck this year.  You know, if a town as poor as Greenville Mississippi can afford 2 new fire trucks and give 60 of its fire department members a raise during a financial drought, then why the hell can't our government manage our tax dollars with the same care?   Ah.... I'm too happy to complain about all that.   Later.

Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment