Monday, October 20, 2008

Awww... do I HAVE to?

Well I was going to put this off for another month.. but my wife (a fluent blogger aka "pickles on pizza") talked me into starting my own blog this morning.. I guess I'll start by telling ya what I do..

I'm a career firefighter and a singer/songwriter/lead guitarist with a newfound passion for r/c helicopters. The reason I point out that I'm a (career) firefighter is because I have this conversation when I'm performing all the time:

Q: "So what do you do besides play music?

A: "I'm a firefighter"

Q: "Oh..... Volunteer?"

==========================

Believe you me.. I have NOTHING against volunteer firemen... nothing but respect but COME ON! What do I look like?!

Everyone just assumes that because I'm a musician I live out of my car and have no goals in life!

Anyway.. nuff about that...


I recently purchased a BLADE CX2 r/c helicopter.. with my birthday money given to my by my sweet wife and family. I've had so much fun flying this thing and modifying it and mostly repairing it... To be honest I've spent way more time repairing it than flying.. I just about have it tweaked though.. but that's another blog in itself..


I've been playing music professionally since I was 14 years of age and writing since I was 21. I'm now 34 years of age. I have a site, a myspace account, you tube account, etc.. I'll post all that just as soon as I learn how to.... For the first time in my life I will be asking my wife how to do these things... I'm so proud of her!!


Angela (my wife) has an etsy shop and a blog.. Tell you all about that later.. She works at her brother's restaurant: "Pasquale's" and she is an art major who makes these adorable collages out of newspaper, magazine, scrapbook pages, etc.. Again, that's a whole other blog..



I'm from Greenville, Mississippi. It's part of the delta. Everything is flat here. There are millions of mosquito's of all breeds... There are lots of farmers here and industrial plants so it's bad on the sinuses. The weather here is awful! Humidity all year round.. The Summer is steamy, the winter is sticky. We basically live in a huge wetland area which would still be a swamp if it weren't for the levee..

So... Why do I live here?

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Actually the cost of living is so cheap. For 65,000 us dolla, we live in a nice 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath home which would cost 120,000.00 or more at the least anywhere else..
At 11:00 PM sometimes, (especially on Sunday evenings), I can literally go out to the main highway and lay down in the middle of it! It's so quiet.. We don't have much to do here but plenty of time to think, meditate and be completely unsociable if we want.

The people here are either extremely friendly or extremely uneducated and nasty! I mean smelly nasty! Stanky, ugly, repulsive inside and out sort of nasty! I just stay away from those. But in case you're wondering we do all wear shoes down here.... except for some of the children in Summer.

Oh yeah.. last but not least.. Angela and I have 2 mutts... Todd and Lucy.

















Well... nice to meet you.. have a look around listen to some tunes and don't spent too much time here on the net... Life is all around you! Go outside and play!


Love you all.... so far.

Aubrey William Holman

2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog and I think you are very handsome! I also love your cute little sleepy dogs!

    ReplyDelete